PASSPORTS AND VISAS
On the Spanish Foreign Office you can access all the Spanish Embassies and Consulates all around the world, just click on your country. (Information in the Spanish Foreign Office website is in Spanish).
EU Citizens from Schengen Agreement, and most EU Citizen do not need a passport. Citizens from other countries entering Spain must have a valid passport. In addition, persons coming from certain countries must have a visa issued by a Spanish consulate in their country. Please be aware that in some cases, it takes more than one month to obtain a visa. For details, please inquire at your nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate.
Non EU residents who will export their holiday purchases may be able to reclaim the VAT paid at time of purchase. Larger departmant stores such as the Corte Ingles will help with the paperwork. In short, complete an application form at time of purchase, have this stamped by customs on departure, post this copy back to the shop who will make the refund probably to your credit card.
Only European Euros are acceptable at stores and restaurants in Spain.
There are coins of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 cents and 1 , 2 Euro.
Note denominations are 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 Euro.
The best rates for Euros currency and travelers’ cheques are obtained at banks where there is no commission on buying Euros with cash. There are Bureaux de Change which operate in the main resorts and are open outside banking hours. You can exchange money at the airport, foreign exchange banks, and other authorized exchanges upon presentation of your passport. For the exchange rate of the Euro you can visit the European Central Bank.
CREDIT CARDS AND TRAVELER’S CHEQUES
All major credit cards are accepted by many businesses. Perhaps American Express and Diners Club are less common than Visa and Mastercard. Smaller restaurants and bars generally only accept cash.
Most banks are available for foreign currency exchange transactions from 9:00 to 14:00 on weekdays.
Tipping in Spain at places such as restaurants, bars and hotels, taxis, is opcional.
21% VAT is usually included in your bill.
Participants are advised to provide their own travel insurance, as the Organizing Committee will assume no responsibility for personal accidents, sickness, theft or property damage.
Spain operates on 230 V 50 Hz for electrical appliances. For more information about Electric Power in Spain, click here to visit this Web Site.
- #Crystallization 6th International School of Crystallization Granada 2018 to be held in May 21th to May 25th. https://t.co/zCEdiVZmWo17 days ago
- #Crystallization Early registration ends on April 14 Grants available! - Don't leave it to the last minuteover a year ago
- #Crystallization ISC Granada 2016 Look at the exciting programme we have for you: https://t.co/toBQ3SWZs8 … …over a year ago
- The ISC Granada will provide five days of lectures, posters and practical demonstrations focused on the fundamentals of #Crystallizationover a year ago
- RT @IACT_divulga: Abierto plazo matricula y solicitud de #beca de la:"International School of Crystallization"@CanalUGR @geologia_ugr http…over a year ago